Power Sheet Woes

Copper Contributor

I am currently taking an advanced Excel class in hopes of getting expert certification in June. In that class, we are given pre-determined spreadsheets and data sources. One of the things I am currently working on is Power Sheets... which are AWESOME.... but anyway....

I was on my Surface Book this morning, and I created a Power Sheet. Naturally, the first thing I want to do is rename the sheet... and I am unable to do that! I right-click the name it gave me, click to rename, then it flashes. For what it's worth, I am also unable to change the zoom, etc., so the whole status bar appears to be "locked" when I am on a Power Sheet (I was able to edit other sheet names). 

Now here is where it gets even weirder..... I ran to my desktop, which also has Office on it. I click to edit the name on the Power Sheet.... and NO PROBLEM. I cleaned up what I needed to, and submitted my work. 

Now.... even weirder still. When I created a new Workbook and acted as if I wanted to create another Power Sheet, I was able to edit the sheet name! 

So.... it appears that on pre-loaded files, there is some issue with renaming Power Sheets. Does anyone have insight? Is this en Excel Bug, a Surface Book Bug, or just a strange occurrance that will liekly be fixed at some point with an update? 

Thanks so much! 

Jason

0 Replies