Need help in creating line charts from a data set

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Need assistance in creating line charts from a huge data set using some tool or formula. New to excel and don't know much about the details in excel where i can create the same for a huge data set.

The data contains 3 columns and 100k rows from which i need to plot a line chart for every 12 rows, so can anyone suggest me how do i do it using some formula or any different method as i have no clue how to do it.

Currently using office 365.

Awaiting some response.

Regards,

Aditya

12 Replies

Not 100% sure about what you need, but maybe this helps a little...

Best, Oliver

Dear Oliver,

Thank you so much it helped me a lot but i need the Water level and temp plot in the same graph to compare. Both on the separate axis would have helped me a lot. i.e if the water levels are on the primary axis then the temp goes on secondary axis, thats what i wanted so if you can help me in that matter please suggest me how do i do that.

Regards,

Aditya

okay. :)

let me know if you need something else...

Best, Oliver

Dear Oliver,

Thank you so much for the solution its the exact thing which i wanted and it has made my work very very easy now. But there is just one problem when i copy and paste the chart in another sheet it changes as soon as i click on the second data sheet in the pivot. What do i need to do so then i can get the charts out in an presentation or any other place.

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

what I did is I created a Pivot Chart. If you copy this, it is always connected to source and their used filters (TimeFrame). There are ways to disconnect them, but I wouldn't suggest to go this direction. What I would suggest is to copy the chart and past it as a picture.

1. copy the chart

2. rightclick on any cell

3. click the below shown little icon :)

Additional i added a small overview in a new sheet.

Have fun!

Best, Oliver

PasteAsPicture.PNG

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the option and really appericiate the help and it was very useful you have saved my lot of time and thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Aditya

better solution.

Hi Oliver,

Actually im seeking a little help in creating dyanamic chart titles for the charts that were created in the pivot table you showed me. Tried various times but the titles are not coming as desired. When there is one slicer already present in the sheet it doesnt consider the second one i.e, i created a slicer in which i have the desired chart titles in it, but the problem is that in excel the second slicer doesnt work.

Have attached a file below please have a look.

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

click on the titel of the chart and connect it to any cell as shown in the following picture:

blubb2.JPG

Step1: click on the titel

Step2: type an equal sign

Step3: click on any cell

Result: the titel is connected to the selected cell. within this cell you can creat dynamic titels.

In the attached file you can see in cell H6 and H7 how a dynamic titel could look like.

Best, Oliver

Hey oliver,

Thanks for the suggestion i found the way to do that for the days that was much easy but now i need that to be done for the week and other filters which i need but the problem is that there i have to give some range which i have mentioned in the below attached file.

The problem is that by using this formula the range cannot be displayed and hence having some issues regarding that final output of the chart.

This is the final output for my file which i have to do the rest all has been resolved done it the analysis part also has been completed but just this final graphical presentation needs to be worked on now.

Attaching the file below.

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

please have a look to "Sheet1". I added some notes in Col K. To solve this problem I used the formula TEXT.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best, Oliver

Hey Oliver,

Thanks for the reply i really appreciate it and it has helped a lot. Finally very very close to complete my task will be able to focus on the write up part now.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,

Aditya