SOLVED

Excel - no insertion of pictures and charts possible

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a rather huge excel (about 40M file size) with a lot of rather complex calculations (over 500.000).

Might be this is the reason ... but I can't insert a picture or a chart anymore. The respective icons are grey, copy&paste a picture leads to no results and insert over file explorer isn't possible.

I use Office 365 under windows 10.

As I haven't found any relevant information about this issue it might be coming from size and complexity of my sheets ... but perhaps there is another reason for it ?

Thanks for your help,

Martin

6 Replies

Greyed out icons usually refer to some kind of protection (workbook or worksheet).

Or it is a shared workbook where some features are not possible or allowed.

Both not ... there is no protection (in this sheet) and it's not shared.
If I open a new workbook all functions are usable.
best response confirmed by M. Leviathan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

maybe the problem is related to the settings for displaying objects. If you go to the Excel options, is the setting for showing objects (in the category Advanced) set to "Nothing"? If yes, then please set it to "All".

2017.07.18-15.25.04.png

Best,

Mourad

Hi Mourad,

perfect ... that works. I had never changed that settings. So I was a little surprised and feel a little ashamed ... should have found that myself ;)

Thanks a lot,

Martin

I had the same problem and the recommendation fixed mine as well. Thank you..

Thank you so much - it works office 365 in Excel current update 18/02/2021

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by M. Leviathan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

maybe the problem is related to the settings for displaying objects. If you go to the Excel options, is the setting for showing objects (in the category Advanced) set to "Nothing"? If yes, then please set it to "All".

2017.07.18-15.25.04.png

Best,

Mourad

View solution in original post