SOLVED

Create stacked column chart where 1st column is total, next 2 columns are segements of 1st column

Copper Contributor

I have a pivot table with 3 columns of values. Column 1 is the entire population, and columns 2 + 3 are segments of that population with filters applied. I want to create a stacked column chart in excel where columns 2 + 3 are part of Column 1. Instead, it is summing all 3 columns. Here is the data and chart currently. I want the orange and grey area to be part of blue (total) column, instead of the 3 columns added togetherImage

3 Replies
best response confirmed by George King (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi George,

I guess you need clustered column graph, not stacked one. For clustered columns format Series Overlap as 100%

Great, that works! One follow up question:

1. How can I rearrange the order of stacking? Can I do that from the graph, instead of rearranging the pivot table columns?

that won't work with clustered columns. It shows you where the data ends, not the full size of the data in series. Thus the series with smallest data in it shall be at the bottom, and largest on the top.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by George King (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi George,

I guess you need clustered column graph, not stacked one. For clustered columns format Series Overlap as 100%

View solution in original post