SOLVED

Conditional Formatting

Copper Contributor

I want to create a set of conditional formatting rules where if cells H1 to K1 add up to a certain sum, then highlight cell A1 a certain way, otherwise do nothing.  Then if H2 to K2 add up to a certain sum, then highlight cell A2 a certain way, otherwise do nothing, and so on...

But I don't know how to create this conditional formatting ruleset.  Can someone give me a point in the right direction?

Thanks.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Kevin Burel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Kevin,

Do the following steps

• Select cell A1.
  • Go to Home >> Conditional Formatting >>  New Rule.
  • From the New Formatting Rule dialog box select the rule type of (Use a formula to determine which cells to format).
  • In the formula box type this formula for example:
    =SUM(H1, K1)>=70
  • Finally, click Format button to determine the format that you want, then hit OK.

Conditional Formatting.png

You can do the same thing for as many cells as you want.

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed - just had no idea where to start. I appreciate you taking the time to help me!!

Hi,

Apologies I have no idea how to create a new post here and have been going round in circles trying to search how to do it on this site.

I need some help with conditional formatting I'm trying to do.

I want to highlight a set of cells based on another set of cells vales.

I want to conditional format it so if the date in column A is past the date in column J highlight that cell in A red, and if its prior to the date in column J highlight green.

The issue I have is the dates in all the rows of columns A and J are different, is there a way to do this? 

Hi Hayley,

However, better to start new one. That is simple - go to the space, e.g. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Charts-and-Visualizing-Data/bd-p/Chart_Visual

and press the button

StartConversation.JPG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kevin Burel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Kevin,

Do the following steps

• Select cell A1.
  • Go to Home >> Conditional Formatting >>  New Rule.
  • From the New Formatting Rule dialog box select the rule type of (Use a formula to determine which cells to format).
  • In the formula box type this formula for example:
    =SUM(H1, K1)>=70
  • Finally, click Format button to determine the format that you want, then hit OK.

Conditional Formatting.png

You can do the same thing for as many cells as you want.

View solution in original post