Home

Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

The old Office 365 Admin Center is being retired on January 31st, this was flagged in the message center today: 

"On January 31, we will retire the classic Admin Center experience. This new experience will be the only admin center experience, beginning January 31."

So no more switching back and forth, if that was something you did:

You wont see this button come Feb 1stYou wont see this button come Feb 1st

The new modern Office 365 Admin Center reached general availability back in September, so this isn't a huge surprise.  Will anyone miss the old admin center?

9 Replies

Re: Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

Sure some of us we will miss the old admin center since there are some options there that are not in the new one

Hi Juan Carlos,

could you please specify what you're missing in the new admin center?

Thanks,

Anne

Hello Anne,
Sure...at least some of the options that I'm missing are the following:
- Access to the Office 365 tools for troubleshooting and other stuff that you can find here: https://portal.office.com/Admin/Default.aspx?switchtoclassic=true#ToolsPage
- The Admin section in the Old Admin Center provice access to the Bing Maps Places service. I don't know where I can find the access to this service in the new Admin Center.

I would have to review more carefully if there are other options in the old admin center that are missing in the new one

Hi Anne,

Could you please let me know whether there is browser used and OS used report available in new admin center.

Regards,

Shinu

Hi Shinu,

the browser used and OS used reports got replaced with clients used reports that will be available per product. We have already launched the report for Yammer and Skype and are currently working on additional ones. You can find an overview of all the reports and how they map to the new reports here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Where-did-my-Office-365-report-go-4f7ce026-8be0-4800-849c-2...

Thanks,

Anne

How about the option to change a domains purpose. IE to solve this issue here http://realtimeuc.com/2016/06/federation-fails-with-o365/

Roles (Assign Role) is missing in the new Admin Portal for anyone not Global Admin. For 1,000 staff company we only have 1 staff (On Prem and Cloud) and 1 locked (Cloud) in password vault, as Global Admin. I sometimes need to PIM myself to Global Admin to see who has been assigned a Admin Role. For our Service Desk and Cloud Team, this is frustrating for them, as they can't check the Roles for Admin privilege's, as the first troubleshooting step. I don't believe there is a valid reason why the Roles was not added to new portal GUI, as there is separate Views for Billing admins, Global admins, Password admins, Service admins and User management admins. So the SD/Cloud Team need to check each View to see if the person has that Role, however doesn't show if also Exchange administrator, SharePoint administrator or Skype for Business administrator like Roles in the old Admin Portal

Has the retirement of the Old Office 365 Admin Center been delayed? As we still see the option 'Go to old admin center' in one of tenants, however don't have the option for another tenant which my Admin account is in 'First Release'

Hi David, thanks for the feedback on the roles view. We're currently looking into this and are planning to bring this back shortly.

The retirement of the old admin center has started. As with all features, we're gradually rolling this out to all customers. That's why you might already see the changes in one tenant but not yet in another.

Thanks,

Anne

Related Conversations
Announcement: New OneDrive Admin Center Preview
Stephen Rose  in  OneDrive for Business  on
101 Replies
Unable to assign this license
Alexander H  in  Admin Center  on
7 Replies
Can we create a custom Office 365 Admin Role
Marwan Al-Shami  in  Admin Center  on
6 Replies