• 37.2K Members
  • 534 Online
  • 7,215 Conversations
Home

Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

The old Office 365 Admin Center is being retired on January 31st, this was flagged in the message center today: 

"On January 31, we will retire the classic Admin Center experience. This new experience will be the only admin center experience, beginning January 31."

So no more switching back and forth, if that was something you did:

You wont see this button come Feb 1stYou wont see this button come Feb 1st

The new modern Office 365 Admin Center reached general availability back in September, so this isn't a huge surprise.  Will anyone miss the old admin center?

5 Replies

Re: Old Office 365 Admin Center being retired January 31st

Sure some of us we will miss the old admin center since there are some options there that are not in the new one

Hi Juan Carlos,

could you please specify what you're missing in the new admin center?

Thanks,

Anne

Hello Anne,
Sure...at least some of the options that I'm missing are the following:
- Access to the Office 365 tools for troubleshooting and other stuff that you can find here: https://portal.office.com/Admin/Default.aspx?switchtoclassic=true#ToolsPage
- The Admin section in the Old Admin Center provice access to the Bing Maps Places service. I don't know where I can find the access to this service in the new Admin Center.

I would have to review more carefully if there are other options in the old admin center that are missing in the new one

Hi Anne,

Could you please let me know whether there is browser used and OS used report available in new admin center.

Regards,

Shinu

Hi Shinu,

the browser used and OS used reports got replaced with clients used reports that will be available per product. We have already launched the report for Yammer and Skype and are currently working on additional ones. You can find an overview of all the reports and how they map to the new reports here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Where-did-my-Office-365-report-go-4f7ce026-8be0-4800-849c-2...

Thanks,

Anne

Related Conversations