Home

Microsoft ToDo in Office365 for business?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Microsoft ToDo in Office365 for business?

I would like to know if there is info on when this will be rolled out and how to activate it.

101 Replies

Re: Microsoft ToDo in Office365 for business?

https://blogs.office.com/2017/04/19/introducing-microsoft-to-do-now-available-in-preview/ The endpoint clients mentioned are available but I currently can't activate as the Admin Centre is not yet displaying To-Do.

Supposedly today, and they mentioned somewhere there were some technical difficulties turning it on in O365, so technically it could be available any minute.

Turn on in O365 Admin Center > Settings > Services and Add-Ins > To Do

Been checking my admin center since announced, still not available.

settings and services is not shown in admin center. I see exchange, skype for business....security and compliance, azure AD,

edit: I need to go to admin > settings > services and add-ins

Hey MS - why would you roll something out that we can't turn on?? Cart before the horse???

So far it works with O365 Home (i activated couple of minutes ago). Found nothing about when they connect business subscriptions, no sign of it in Admin Center

Not available here too!

Waiting to be activated in the Office 365 admin center. Still not there.

It is available now.

I've tried to turn the setting on several times, it keeps turning itself off when I go back in to look at it again after saving. Almost there, but not quite.

Weird behaviour. I can now activate todo for my organization. I toggle it on. Then hit save, and ... It is still off. Again toggle on, hit save and ... it is off.

Come On Microsoft. What is the problem?

The same for me.

The setting is also in my tenant and I'm seeing the same behavior :-(

I am having the same issue... I can now see the ToDo toggle, but it just stays off. The first thing to do when I get Microsoft ToDo, is to complain to the Microsoft ToDo team and say that we just didn't know what to do. :'( #HELP

same here.

We are experiencing the same behaviour. I can activate the toggle but it keeps turning off

Same here

I have Admin ability for Office 365 but had to first click "to view new admin center" in order to find the option to turn on under settings...then services and add-ons. Hope can save a few people time there as I wasted quite a bit searching on my default admin center page(have 365 hosted by GoDaddy).

Found option to turn on To-Do, turned green, clicked save, but doesn't work. Frustrating that it appears available and responsive and gives no indication once saved to let you know it doesn't work other than going back and seeing it is turned off again.  

As a side note, also confused in how skype, groups, yammer, sharepoint and now teams seem to all trip over each other with the goal of allowing collaboration & unifying discussions. Options are great, but need one solid platform vs multiple 1/2 baked or too similar apps in my opinion. 

Sounds like we are all on the same page Todd... and yes, I noticed the same thing about the various similar functionality and it seems like they don't really talk to each other very well, if at all. I hope they bring these services together, but I guess that Microsoft will see what gets traction and close down the others. A lot of it is the same framework, so it shouldn't be hard to unify it all.

There was a health advisory that has been updated today saying the issue with being unable to save To-Do preview as enabled is now fixed.  Having said that the option has disappeared from our tenant.  Guess we need to wait for the fix to roll out again.

Ours works (in terms of saving the setting -- ever since Friday night), but users can't login, getting this error since Friday night.

There's a problem signing in
Sorry, there's an issue signing you in right now.

Please try again, and if the problem persists, contact support

Same here, I don't have the option anymore. Are there anyone that have To-Do working with their O365 account?

I don't even have the option.

I think they have just removed the option until they fix the issue. It was available to us last week but has since disappeared. 

To-Do showed up in my tenant.  Could not activate.  Now it has disappeared from my tenant.

I have an o365 Business Premium subscription.

But, unfortunately "To-Do" is not listed in "AdminCenter  > Settings > Services & Add-ins".

Has the option been removed? No information in health/message center is logged.

Any news here?

Yes it seems that they have removed the feature till it is fixed.

Sorry to hear others are still having issues. My option to enable never went away, but did finally start working 2 days ago. Have been able to activate and use via browser as well as ios app.

Hope it is available to all others waiting soon!

Hi Todd,

Did i understand you correctly this setting is available now for your tenant?

Yes Sergei, you are correct. FYI - I am managing Office 365 Business Premium.

I see, thank you. I'm not sure, but availability of the setting doesn't depend on subscription you have, that's only connection to the To-Do service is limited by some plans.

Not sure what's happening, but I can sign in To-Do with my o365 account. I don't have it back in the Services & add-ins, but last week I couldn't sign in, and now I can.

Anyone with this behavior?

no toggle for us in admin center.

Me neither, yet it worked. Did you try to activate last weekend?

Try to login, but do it from the apps, 'cos the web ain't working.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that, we’re aware an issue where To-Do is not showing for some subscribers. We’re working to fix the issue now and expect a fix this week. We will keep you updated on our progress.

Candy from To-Do

Hi Ruben,

Do you know which license you have? We’re aware of an issue where it’s not available for some subscribers and are working to push a fix. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime. 

Candy from To-Do

Hi Brent,

You were right. We’re aware an issue where To-Do is not showing for some subscribers. We’re working to fix the issue now and expect a fix this week. We will keep you updated on our progress. Thanks for bearing with us.

Candy from To-Do

Sorry, we’re aware of the issue and working to fix it now and expect a fix this week. We will keep you updated on our progress. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Hey, we’re aware of an issue where it’s not available for some business subscribers and are working to push a fix. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Candy from To-Do

Hi Candy,

Good to know it will be fixed soon, thank you for the update. 

IMHO, it's not necessary to reply on each post here, we are all reading.

Thank you

Hey Juan, do you know which license you have? We’re aware of an issue where it’s not available for some subscribers and are working to push a fix. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Candy from To-Do

We have O365 Enterprise E3. It was available on "launch day" but when set to "On" it never saved. Then a day or so later it disappeared from the list never to be seen again. 

Still tried logging into todo.microsoft.com (some claimed it worked for them even with no option) with my Work account, but got rejected. 

Oh thanks for the tip! I just realised every single replies are added under the thread. I'll just leave it then. Sorry for the spam and yes, we're working on a fix soon! Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ok, yes, that was an issue we have identified with E3 customers. We’re working to track down and fix the issue soon. Thanks for your patience.

OK, that seems to be our case, we have E5-E3-E1-K1...Obviusly it's not a a critical issue but, is there any expected timeframe for the activation availability?

Candy, could you please clarify the situation a bit. My understanding

- availability of the setting in Admin Center doesn't depend on subscription(s) your tenant has

- if someone was lucky to switch-on the setting during few hours when it worked the service works,  even if the setting disappeared

- such people may use To-Do from the apps (mobile and desktop)

- however, no way to sign-in on the web (at least with E3)

At least what i see, not sure about first point

Hey Sergei,

Availability of the setting is determined by the subscriptions a tenant has. There WAS a ~24 hour window where the setting showed up and the toggle updates were saved, I guess that's what resulting your 2nd point. However, there is no way to log in to web with AAD at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Candy

Hi Mikel,

We’re working to fix the issue now and expect a fix this week. We will keep you updated on our progress. However, K1 is not included in the release, so K1 users will receive a license error unless they also have other SKUs assigned to them. Hope this helps.

Candy

Sure would be nice to indicate what SKUs are receiving it so many of us don't waste time trying to get something to work that isn't even available for us.

Settings are back for our tenant, definitely "this week".

Related Conversations
Announcement: New OneDrive Admin Center Preview
Stephen Rose  in  OneDrive for Business  on
119 Replies
Create private channel in a team
Catalin Prata  in  Microsoft Teams  on
22 Replies
Adding external users to teams
Sean Whyment  in  Microsoft Teams  on
200 Replies
How to connect a "Team" to a "Group"
Mike Dumka  in  Microsoft Teams  on