SOLVED
Home

Microsoft Forms Pro

Highlighted
Cian Allner
Trusted Contributor

Microsoft Forms Pro will be in public preview soon, with "enterprise survey capability that helps businesses obtain the feedback they need to make smarter decisions", powered by both Office 365 and Dynamics 365:

"Microsoft Forms Pro supports businesses seeking to transform customer, product and employee experiences, as well as other survey needs."

This was announced in the Message center today, sounds exciting!

36 Replies

@Cian Allner, I'm interested in learning more and also testing it!

We really need more details that the single very short marketing-ese / buzzword heavy sentence.

Agreed but if this is a way to get the information out quicker before all the launch material is ready, I'm all for it, as a nice heads up. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more information though.

Here is the full blurb from the roadmap by the way:

"Forms Pro is a simple, yet comprehensive enterprise survey solution for businesses to capture and analyze feedback to improve how they engage across their business. With Forms Pro, you can get actionable feedback from customers in real-time at every stage of their journey, improve organizational health with real-time feedback, build the products customers want, and leverage the data and tools you already use from Dynamics 365, Common Data Services (CDS) and Power Platform. Forms Pro will adhere to the compliance, security, and privacy levels you’ve come to expect from Forms and other Office 365 apps. Companies can collect information without users having to go to non-secure solutions, and there isn’t a need to build and maintain custom surveying tools."

I agree with @Kevin Crossman that we really need more info on this. Personally, I'd like the information to be a bit more specific than some general marketing stuff. None of the info in the announcement / the roadmap sheds any light on what this will actually be. It sounds interesting, but then again, when reading the available info, I keep thinking that there is nothing there that cannot be accomplished even at this point with some Flow integration. But maybe I need to take some lessons in marketing-ese :-)

The website is live now but it's just a place holder and doesn't have many more details yet. 

https://formspro.microsoft.com

FP.png

According to the original announcement, Forms Pro should have been available in some format already with user sign-ups live next month.

Solution

Here it is, much more details, thanks to this post and new documentation on Microsoft Forms Pro!  If you have been waiting to find out what Microsoft Forms Pro offers and its additional features, see below.

What's new and planned for Microsoft Forms Pro

Here is a quick write up of Microsoft Forms Pro based on the link above, which has further details. 

Microsoft Forms Pro will be released as a public preview starting from March 2019 with four main feature areas:

• Design a survey
  • Distribute using multiple channels
  • Analyze responses
  • Integration with Dynamics 365 and CDS for Apps

Design a survey. Supports advanced question types (smiley rating, Likert, and file upload), as well as branching logic to control what questions are shown or hidden based on respondents responses to previous questions. Survey design suggestions provides intelligent inputs about the type of questions to use and can auto-fill suggestions to help survey designers create a survey that will attract maximum responses. With survey translation, users can translate a survey in multiple languages to enable enterprises to cater to multi-lingual markets. Piping data allows designers to display contextual data from business apps, such as fetching order information, customer case title, or related product information.

Distribute using multiple channels. Survey distribution using built-in email channel by sending surveys to your contacts. Survey distribution using flow integration with an out-of-the-box Flow connector, action, and ready-to-use templates to send surveys on a business event or trigger in your business application. Surveys embedded in your web portals allows users can copy a code snippet from Forms Pro and embed it in the webpage. Survey distribution using your own channels like with Twitter, Facebook, Yammer, LinkedIn etc. Survey distribution from Dynamics 365 lets users distribute surveys from Dynamics 365 apps by using Microsoft Flow. Embedded surveys in PowerApps lets users embed surveys in the business apps created by using the PowerApps platform.

Analyze responses. Greater business insights such as correlations and sentiment analysis, with rich out-of-the-box dashboards, Forms Pro provides rich question, invitation, and survey response analytical charts and dashboards for quick reporting of survey response trends. Leverage Power BI to build custom reports and dashboards that are unique to your business, business users can use their Power BI license to build custom reports and dashboards of their choice.

Integration with Dynamics 365 and CDS for Apps. Send survey data to business contacts or lists, Forms Pro can fetch business contacts or lists from CDS to enable you to send survey invitations to customers from Forms Pro itself. Business and survey data together, since the business and survey data are stored in the same CDS, you can create Power BI dashboards and workflows to create follow-up actions to improve the business processes. PowerApps integration, Forms Pro embeds surveys into PowerApps natively. This will enable leveraging PowerApps data into the survey and vice versa.

Microsoft Forms Pro is out now in preview (or will be soon!) - Microsoft Forms Pro is available in Preview today.

Sign up at www.formspro.microsoft.com.

i did clicked on the link provided by @Cian Allner but it says coming soon.

will that be a trail version? or these are the things we do not know yet.

Microsoft Forms Pro preview sign-ups are now live at www.formspro.microsoft.com.

I just signed up and I'm in!

Pro1.pngPro2.pngPro3.png

@Cian Allner, I was able to get in as well, but I noticed I can't delete, copy or move some of my old forms after going to the preview.  I also noticed on the sample survey, the export link doesn't work.  Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.  I understand it is in preview, but that will help me offering to a few others to help test before rollout.

After login I got a spinner for more than two minutes. Finally had to lop off some of the text in the URL to get to the forms pro default URL and then it finally worked.

There is a help button but it only goes to office.com.

What a poor introduction to this new paid-for product. What is Forms Pro? How is it different? It is very unclear. Where did the blog from from yesterday go?  This is a terrible rollout.

It has been a strange rollout so far, the announcement disappearing yesterday was a bit unexpected but the documentation is live now, which is better, though I don't see specifically a comparison:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/forms-pro/

MFP.png

I think when you first sign-up it takes a few minutes at least for the service to spin-up properly, I got a note to this effect, which went away after a while.

MFP2.png

Hopefully, the official launch is imminent.

YES! We're gonna preview it right away, waited for this a long time.

@Cian Allner 

This is welcoming news however I cannot see anywhere I can add file uploads to a question. I can't quite see the difference between this and the old Microsoft Forms other than having a new question type (likert) and the flow options UI (which was already available in Flow). 

Does anyone else have access to more features?

It's early days, look for more features to be added over time, in phases, the preview is just starting and the official timeline for certain features is from between April and September 2019.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/April19/forms-pro/planned-featu...

If CDS means that I can integrate AAD user data with Forms Pro, I very much look forward to this. We plan to replace our existing employee onboarding forms with a Forms solution, but at the moment, you cannot populate certain dropdowns (e.g. departments, teams, ...). 

Also, for other uses within our company, the possibility to add an attachment would be very welcome. 

@Cian Allner 

Thanks for the update I was a little worried about this, Microsoft have built up somewhat of a reputation with incomplete releases of recent. 

Do you know if a roadmap is available of when this is likely to be enabled?

Thanks,

Rob

@Cian Allner, I'm disappointed in the fact that with Forms Pro, my testing of sections is gone from new forms.  I can now only add sections to existing non-Forms Pro forms.  I know this is preview for both, but come on, how does Microsoft expect us to use Forms if they hamper features.  😞

@Robert Symmons, this is the new Microsoft, working in preview and beta for everything, but it isn't just them as more tech companies are operating in the preview/beta mode.  😊

Microsoft Forms Pro Preview has now officially been launched with these announcements today - 

Microsoft Forms Pro is available in Preview today

Microsoft Forms Pro public preview is now available

Make sure to check out the four and a half minute video in the link above, to get a good overview.

@Robert Symmons  Likert has been in the regular forms product for a while.

I do see that the questions and Survey description now support rich text, which addresses some pain points with the current product.

Shows how long I’ve been disattached from using Microsoft forms to not even notice Likert.

On the rich text part, how is this revolutionary? This is my exact gripe with the services being deployed on Office 365. Text formatting should be one of the basic needs for any product that is customer facing or requires some form of design element.

The only improvement I can see with Pro forms is better insights. The real step in the right direction is the adoption of file uploads. Other than that, as far as I can see everything else was already available albeit not at face level (integration with Flow and PowerApps) and they want to charge for this service?!?

Really like the ability to hide questions and then use the branching if/then logic to show them based on the response to other questions. However, the fact that I cannot even view responses to my new forms is beyond frustrating. Created a form 3 days ago and it has responses that I cannot view. When I click to see the responses all I see is this:
capture.PNG

@Cian Allner Does anybody know if you will be able to apply the new Forms Pro analysis to existing surveys and survey results? We have an existing response set that would be great to re-analyze without reissuing the survey. 

@Robert Symmons 

I cannot view my response, so I would agree about the incompleteness.

Andy

@Mark Pangersis 

I am in the same boat. So very SAD!

Andy

@Robert Symmons This is Preview, might still be a year away from when it starts charging you. By then if it is still lacking you're free to use whatever you're using right now.  I'm also betting that Forms Pro will be included in O365 E3 or higher suites so if you already have that it might not cost you extra $.

@Mark Pangersis @Cian Allner

@Mark Pangersis wrote:

However, the fact that I cannot even view responses to my new forms is beyond frustrating. Created a form 3 days ago and it has responses that I cannot view. When I click to see the responses all I see is this:
capture.PNG

Over a week later and responses are still unavailable.  What good is a preview in which you cannot view output?  :-(

@Cian Allner 

Based on my experience and those of others here, I would not recommend using Forms Pro Preview with any production account.  If you want to kick the tires make an O365 account for the purpose.

1) Responses are not available yet.

2) Roll back is uncertain.  ( I was told it takes 5 minutes via the screen dialog, but it has been over 15 and I am still getting the dialog.  I logged out of office and back in.)

@GLSJON 

I found a small workaround in the meantime (I was also missing a lot of response data). In the interim, I built a flow that automatically logs new responses in a SharePoint List. It works well and I should be able to add that data to the existing data once available. Very frustrating when you have to go back to your team to ask them to respond a second time. Good thing I didn't check the box for "One Response Per Customer." I'm surprised at how lackluster this effort with Forms is compared to the robust nature of Microsoft Flow, etc.

Looks promising. Any info on pricing yet? We are E3, will we get it for free?

@Cian Allner I assume that after the preview is closed that the Pro will be an additional license cost.

Is that correct?

Anybody else getting this?

Annotation Forms Pro 2019-05-15 115340.jpg

@Renzo Patricio Carpio, I'm not getting that error.  Maybe it has been disabled or disallowed by your tenant admin?

Thanks @Jeffrey Allen 

I am global admin and just cannot figure out where I need to go to enable it.

Related Conversations
Teams Crashes on Startup
Slarti in Microsoft Teams on
45 Replies
Teams for Mac Client
tlindgren in Microsoft Teams on
5 Replies
Teams Calling - Dial pad missing
Chris Cooper in Microsoft Teams on
41 Replies