February Champions Call
Published Feb 20 2019 07:43 AM 5,869 Views
Microsoft

Hello my Friends... we have dug out of the snow here in Seattle and are looking forward to our Champion's calls today at 8am and 5pm PST.  As always our links for the calls are the same:

https://aka.ms/O365ChampsCallAM for the 8am PST call

https://aka.ms/O365ChampsCallPM for the 5pm PST call

This month we'll be discussing the new Microsoft 365 Adoption Guide and Planning Workbook which was just published.  Looking forward to seeing you there!

18 Comments
Iron Contributor
Same time with PowerApps community call. :(
Karuana, are there recording of the past calls anywhere..?
Iron Contributor

Hi, @Karuana Gatimu 

Great revisions on the workbooks. Couple of suggestions:

• Build a high-level checklist of the different workbooks
  • Add naming prefix for workbooks so that we know the order they are used.
  • Differentiate the following key decision points (governance):
    • Architectural - initial deployment/roll-out
    • Team-to-Team - ongoing
  • Identify the minimum required digital literacy or concepts to understand for a person to use Teams and related Office 365 products. 

Thanks! 

Fred Yano

Iron Contributor
Watched it now, was at the Samsung S10 event in Stockholm when it was live
Brass Contributor

Is there a calendar of the upcoming events, or a method to be notified in advance of the next call?  I only saw the notice for the February call after it was over.  I will watch the recording when it is available but I was looking forward to joining the live call.

Copper Contributor

Possibly already been asked (apologies in advance), will the Champion Calls be recorded?  I'm in Australia and factoring in the time difference.

Thank you.

Iron Contributor
@RichardP the recording is up on the same link: https://aka.ms/O365ChampsCallPM for a month
Brass Contributor

Thank you for pointing this out. I was wondering why they weren't posting the recordings anymore, but I didn't realize that I could use the same link each time.

Copper Contributor

Hi new to this community, can you tell me where I find the upcoming dates for these calls?

Thanks!

Brass Contributor

Thanks @Luna Jernberg !

Copper Contributor

Hello @Karuana Gatimu ,

Great content on the February call. We are in the middle of a project to roll out Teams to Goodyear and one of the deliverables of the project is to re-introduce the O365 tools. During the call you commented about a free custom learning portal for O365 tenants that will be coming soon. Do you have a timeline on when that will be release? We would much rather leverage the portal as a piece of our training instead of building our own.

Thanks!

-Trevor Kish

Brass Contributor

Hi @trevor_kish  - I was just sent a notice from one of our project team members that the learning portal is being released this month.  I don't have the link to the source, but here is the message I received:

Custom Learning in Office 365 – a ready-to-go site template full of Office 365 training modules delivered from the cloud in the context of your Office 365 tenant; originally disclosed as Microsoft Training Services at SharePoint Conference 2018.

My project team is looking forward to this as well!

Brass Contributor
This is very helpful for my rollout planning. Thank you!
Brass Contributor
I was wondering the same thing, @Trevor.
Brass Contributor

Hi @trevor_kish - I was notified this morning that the Online Training portal resources have been released.  Our SharePoint Admin is adding them into our sandbox tenant at the moment.  Information can be found at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/customlearning/#sharepoint-online-provisioning-service

Copper Contributor

@RichardP - Fantastic!!! Thanks for the information. We will start looking at it today.

Have a great weekend!

Iron Contributor

The March Call is later today 

Silver Contributor
Slide 12 of the presentation shows how to setup classification but it uses a poor example. The values appear to be the old classification values used by MS which were determined to be difficult for end users to implement. The MS IT and AIP teams have given presentations explaining this and their rationale for moving away from HBI, MBI and LBI. This slide would be better if it showed values that are currently used by MS instead of values that are know to be poor choices.
Version history
Last update:
‎Feb 20 2019 07:43 AM
Updated by: