Problem changing rows to columns in a pivot table

Copper Contributor

I am a long time user of excel but new to pivot tables.  I cannot get a pivot table to transpose the data from rows to columns.  I have included an excel file with the source data and the pivot table as it sits.  I cannot get the fields now in the columns to display as in the rows.  I want the date fields in the columns rather than the rows. If possible I would rather not change the source data as it sits; but would if it meant I had a solution.

Thank you for your consideration

2 Replies
If I understand you correctly you wish to transpose the entire pivottable, correct?
This is easy enough, just drag all fields from the "Rows" box to the Columns box and after that drag the "Sigma Values" "field" from the columns box to the rows box.

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I cannot see the new column headings no matter what I do with Pivot Table.

Instead I copied all the data to my clipboard and on a new sheet I pasted it using the T for transpose  option and Voila! columns become rows and vice versa just how I wanted it. Then some tidying up to suit col widths etc. Sorted.