azure-quickstart-templates for sql server 2016 cluster

Copper Contributor

Hi,

i was try to install this microsoft template (https://github.com/MSBrett/azure-quickstart-templates/tree/master/sql-server-2016-fci-existing-vnet-...). i'm using Azure AD domain services the users i'm using are member of (AAD DC Administrators) for installation. while deploying i'm getting the following errors. any support highly appreciated.

• 56DD0C954C942078
  • db38a95d-a600-4d58-a982-3054b152ccab
  • Conflict
  • Failed
  • 1/17/2018, 2:11:04 PM
  • 18 minutes 3 seconds
  • Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions
  • /subscriptions/96d29ba6-0c18-4d27-9d75-01b68e33f0f2/resourceGroups/RCT_RCI_PROD/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/rctdbcls-fci-1/extensions/sfciPrep
  • { "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure", "message": "The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.", "details": [ { "code": "VMExtensionProvisioningError", "message": "VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'sfciPrep'. Error message: \"DSC Configuration 'PrepSFCI' completed with error(s). Following are the first few: PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_xWaitForADDomain failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: Domain 'riskcontroltech.com' NOT found after 20 attempts. The SendConfigurationApply function did not succeed.\"." } ] } }
  • rctdbcls-fci-1/sfciPrep
7 Replies

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, have you got it sorted?

Cheers

Jan

I am receiving this same error as well.  Has anyone resolved? 

My comment answer to your question

I did not get it, i configured my own SQL cluster by using Storage space (S2D).

Thanks for coming back. So did you end up creating the always on cluster manually without using the ARM template?

I configured regular SQL clustering not SQL cluster & always on because we were  using SQL standard edition which was not support SQL always on cluster, for more information please look this link.

https://blog.pythian.com/building-sql-server-failover-cluster-instances-cloud-windows-server-2016-st...

I know this is an old thread. However, for others running in to the domain not found issue: Ensure the admin username and password referenced as a parameter in the template is a domain admin on the domain you are creating the cluster resources in. This isn't intended to be a local admin on the SQL VMs but a domain account with domain admin permissions. Also ensure you can ping/nslookup the FQDN to the domain to rule out a network level issue.