Unable to add IT Pro Cloud Essentials

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I started Azure with the free trial and once its expired added a pay as you go subscription.

When I try to add IT  Pro Cloud Essential or Visual Studio Dev subscriptions it does not allow me to add and displays the following error.

We cannot proceed with signup due to an issue with your account. Please contact support

Opened up a support ticket and Azure support is saying this is due to the expired Trial account.  I found no way to remove the trial.

Is there any way for me to add the above-mentioned subscriptions?

Thanks in advance,

-Dhanushka

27 Replies

This makes no sense! You shouldn't authorize that. Be very carefull !

@Dhanushka Vithanage wrote:

I know that it make no sense at all but I need to sort this out so I will need to go along as it's over 7 days and we are still in square one.

-Dhanushka

You should open another support ticket in your Azure account, complaining about this situation in the current ticket (give them the ticket number).
I did it and it had solved my problem.

Dear, @Dhanushka Vithanage, @Miguel Lobato is right. Please, log into your Cloud Essentials account, go to the support page, and Get your Code for your support call:

image.png 

Here is the rundown of what happened so far.

Yesterday I waited for a call from MS support but never got it. After waiting for 30 minutes updated the ticket cc ing the manager of the support tech asking for explanations.

Received a reply after 3-4 hours time saying that the tech thought that he should be calling in PM  to AM.This is the same tech that replied earlier saying that he will call in AM.  

I replied back saying to respond to my email but till now over 24 hours no further updates from the tech or his manager.

Talk about lack of professionalism, I have been working with multiple vendors for over 10-15 years and this is the worst support I got. 

As Miguel Lobato  and Daniel Martins suggested I will open a separate ticket and see how that goes.

-Dhanushka

Any news about this?

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed reply.

After getting the following response from the second ticket that I opened I decided to cancel the subscription, open a new account because I do not have time to waste, unlike Microsoft support. I am also considering the Google Cloud, since that's a viable solution as well.

You must maintain an active Visual Studio Dev Essentials membership to enjoy this benefit. This offer is limited to one per new account, and lasts for 12 months. It cannot be redeemed for an account where any other free offer has previously been redeemed. Upon expiration, you must remove your spending limit to convert your monthly credit for Dev Essentials to Pay-As-You-Go<https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0003p/>, otherwise your services will be disabled. Reference link: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0022p/

If you believe that this is an error, please fill out the following template completely for our accounts team to review:

·         Name:
·         Role with the company:
·         Email address:
·         Phone number:
·         Company or Individual:
·         Company/Account name:
·         Microsoft Service Account or Organizational ID:
·         Company website/URL:
·         Detailed description of how Azure is being used:
·         Name on Credit Card:
·         Billing Address:
·         Last 4 digits of Credit Card:
·         Credit Card Bank Name:
Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be glad to assist.

Best Regards,
[cid:image004.png@01D2A333.41461FE0]

Daman Khatra
Support Engineer
Azure Subscription Management Support

Working Hours: 4:00PM-12:00AM PT
(Tue-Sat) | Local Time<http://www.timebie.com/std/gmt.php>
Email: dakhatra@microsoft.com<mailto:dakhatra@microsoft.com>
Escalations: wasmsesc@microsoft.com<mailto:wasmsesc@microsoft.com>
Manager Email: chwilson@microsoft.com<mailto:chwilson@microsoft.com>
I've done remote sessions before with Microsoft support. Either I've called them or they have been investigating an open support ticket and can give me the ticket number.