Azure ML Experimentation

Copper Contributor

Hi - I have created a Machine Learning Expirementation account on Azure, which I now wish to cancel.  When I do so, it tells me that I cannot delete the resource until all nested resources are deleted.  I have already deleted the storage account, all that is left is the workspace, which does not have an option to delete.  Any Suggestions?

4 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue. Resolution: recreate a storage account with the same name as the one you previously deleted. Now the notification on the missing storage account should disappear and you can proceed as normally.

Hi,

I have the same issue. The suggested solution to recreate the storage account didn't help. I still get the 'Can not delete resource before nested resources are deleted. (Code: CannotDeleteResource)'.
I think the nested resources in question are the workspaces. But how do I delete the workspaces? I can't find a button on the dashboard.

many thanks for any hint how to solve this.

regards, Jboi

I ran into this same problem.

The problem seems to be that the tutorial workspace is not visible as a resource in the portal, which prohibits the deletion process. I had the same issue and resolved through the following:

1. Download and login into Azure Machine Learning Workbench

2. Create new workspace with any name, which provides the ability to permanently delete the tutorial workspace (otherwise it is always re-instantiated)

3. In the Azure portal, create a new resource group and move remaining resources to new RG
4. Delete old RG

5. Delete new RG

(Please note, steps 3 and 5 might not be necessary at all)