ANNOUNCEMENT: free query language course now available

Microsoft

The Kusto Query Language (KQL) is used across a wide range of Microsoft services including Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Security Center, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and more. It is an immensely powerful language, and a simple one to use once you get going. However, we are very often asked two questions by users of all skill levels:

• How do I get started?
  • What are the full capabilities of the language?

To answer these questions and more, we’ve partnered with Pluralsight to create a course taking you from the very basics of KQL all the way to advanced constructs such as machine learning and time series analysis. We’re excited to announce today that the course is live and available for free to everyone! Simply click below to access the course:

https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/kusto-query-language-kql-from-scratch

As mentioned, the course is free to anyone under Azure's partnership with Pluralsight. Simply click above and select "register and start for free" to get instant access to the course!

We are extremely excited to have the course up and running, and hope you find it helpful in your KQL journey!

-Evgeny

13 Replies
Thanks allot for providing this to us.
But I'm afraid to tell, that this course is not free.
It's only possible to see the intro. Next one has to pay 299$ per year for it.

Can you please have a look at this?
Thanks allot

Hi Benedikt,

You are correct in your observation. Unfortunately, when I posted, the "free"-ness of the course has not (as I at the time thought) been completely wired up yet. Please bear with us for another week or two as we get it sorted. Until then, Pluralsight does offer a limited 10 day/200 minute trial that should get you through most of the course.

Really apologize for the confusion!

-Evgeny

if you have a MS account you can sign up for the MSDN dev essentials which is free, and offers a free 3 month trial of pluralsight.

Hi all -

Just wanted to let you know that as of this morning, the course is now lit up to be free for everyone. Please give it a shot, and let us know if you run into any difficulty! Apologies for the initial confusion, and hope you find the course useful in your KQL learning journey :).

Thanks,

-Evgeny

@Evgeny Ternovsky 
Hello, I am Business Central support agent so this course may come very handy for work purposes. I am wondering if this benefit is still active and what information I would have to include when creating an account?

Thanks in advance

Hello guys,

is it me or the course is not free anymore?

@jasonfmj - the details of Microsoft and Pluralsight's agreement regarding the free course program have changed. As such, to access this KQL course (as well as the Advanced KQL course), you'll need to activate the special Azure Data Explorer benefit in Pluralsight going forward.

Thanks for the info, just FYI after redeeming the benefit it takes time to update just refresh after 5 mins and shouldbe good to go :)

the course is free afterward

It is now saying that "The link is not valid at this time"

@mshreves - Thanks for reporting the issue! I worked with the team in charge of that program, and everything should now be fixed. Please use the newer URL I provided earlier in this topic, or as a short url, : https://aka.ms/adx.pluralsight 

@Evgeny Ternovsky Hi, the link provided does no work anymore :( 

@tongit - I followed up with the team, and things should now be working again! Please give it a shot, and let me know if you're still seeing issues.

@Evgeny Ternovsky Than you! Course material is now available