Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

The new Azure AD Signin Experience is now in Public Preview

Community Manager

We’re continuing to make progress on converging the Azure AD and Microsoft account identity systems. One of the big steps on this journey is to redesign the sign-in UI so both systems look consistent. We're happy to announce that this updated design is in public preview!

What’s changing:

1. Redesign of Azure AD & Microsoft account sign-in experiences
  2. Pagination of the Azure AD sign-in page

080217_0505_ThenewAzure2.png

Read more about it in the Enterprise Mobility & Security blog.

28 Replies

Can I revert back to the old signin? This morning my Office desktop apps do not recognize my Office 365 credentials. I want to revert back to see if the issue is the new signin.

My device is Azure AD JOINed, running Click-to-Run office 365 ProPlus, 1707 8326.2070.  

According to the comments section on this blog, https://practical365.com/blog/surprise-new-office-365-sign-experience-end-users/, clearing out your IE cache and staying with the old sign in fixes the office desktop apps issue.

Best of luck.

Thanks Robert.  The problem cleared itself after about 1/2 a day.

Also, there's a opt-out link at the bottom right in the new UX where you can go back to the old experience if you need it in the future.

Hi @Eric Starker, is there a way to force the new experience and remove the option to go back to the old one?

My team and I are launching our new SPO-based intranet at the end of the month and we don't need the added confusion of "which way do we log in?" popping into our change management plan.

I'd also rather they learn and know the new system as opposed to training on the old one then announcing the new one when it's the only option soon after our intranet launch.

Anything to simplify our process is appreciated.

aadlogin.png

I've reached out to the team and will try to get an answer for you. 

That's great, thank you.

Hi Matt, I'm a Program Manager working on the new UI. I'll reach out to you via PM to discuss your request.

With the old sign experience you were able to stayed signed in, so that SSO would work in IE without having to select an account to use

While testing the new experience you have to select the account to use, first time you browse to Azure/O365 which is a pain when your organisation uses a Sharepoint online webpage as a company web page!

Is this going to be fixed?

@Eric Starker and @Kelvin Xia, I have the same question as @Paul Spurrell. We enabled auto-acceleration for SharePoint Online which worked fine with the old sign-in experience but doesn't seem to work with the new one.

Kelvin mentioned in a comment on another conversation that it may be related to another change pushed out by O365 around the same time: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/New-sign-in-experience-for-Office-365-what-s-it-ab...

Any status on that?

Hey Paul,

the Office team pushed out a fix for this two weeks ago. You should no longer be prompted with an account picker if SSO works.
Hey Thomas - can you please elaborate on what you see with the new sign in experience vs the old one?

I can verify that it doesn't seem related to the new sign-in experience as I'm prompted for login even with the old one.

I'm basically back to where we were before enabling auto-acceleration, i.e. when I enter the URL of one of our SPO sites I get redirected to login.microsoftonline.com to sign in.

This happens in both Chrome and IE11.

I just tried again this morning, and Seamless SSO, via Azure AD Connect, when combined with SharePoint Online auto-acceleration automatically logs me in to our SPO site, via the old sign-in experience.  However, when accessing our SPO site, via the new sign-in experience, it still requires clicking on my username.

I can confirm it still doesn't work!

I even raised a premier support call for this and they told me monday 5th September its not resolved yet .

Transcript from call

Performed Actions:

-       At the moment, for new experience the KMSI option is only available for cloud users.

-       I have already validated internally and the back end team is aware of this issue and currently working on implementing a better experience for the KMSI.

-       There is no available ETA, however this is treated as high priority as multiple customers are having the same issue

-       The new expected behavior will be available before the “New sign-in experience” will be enabled as default

doesntwork.PNG

I'll reach out to you directly to get more info.
I'll reach out to you privately to get more info.

Fired up IE this morning and tried to visit our site and this time it correctly redirected via the various MSFT login urls and our ADFS and finally logged me in without interaction. It also works fine when in Chrome now.

Perhaps the mentioned update reached our tenant/AAD or whereever the bug was?

I can confirm the issue is still there when accessing a site collection.

Auto-acceleration works fine for the default site collection, [companyname].sharepoint.com.