Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Switch Directory not working in new portal

Copper Contributor

We have created 4 directories within our Azure AD environment.

I can see all 4 directories in the old Windows Azure portal. But I'm not able to see them when I press "Switch Directory" in the new Portal.

Check attached screenshot. In both portals I have logged on with the same account. Tried multiple browsers and cleared cached.

6 Replies

Hm, I have no problem here, try a Private session just in case. If it still doesn't work, open a support case.

I have not had problems either when switching directories in the new Portal...it works quite well in my experience
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

From this day on, you can't use the old portal anymore to manage your AAD.

So I just tried some in-private windows again. Without any luck.

Then I pressed the "Restore Default settings" under "Portal Settings". And that seems to have fixed it for me. Now it works again in all the different browsers. Hopefully it keeps working for me as well!

Open up portal.azure.com

Click on Azure Active Directory

You will now see your default directory

On the right hand side you will now see the switch directory option

Attaching a screenshot

For me, when I follow the above instructions, it shows Switch Tenant in the place where your picture shows Switch Directory. I really don't understand the difference, but in any event when I try to switch tenant it gives an error message.

Default subscription filter
The portal will show data only for these selected subscriptions on portal launch.
Fabrikam's Azure Subscription - Don't see a subscription? Switch to another directory.
Current directory: NETORGFT3423456.onmicrosoft.com

@Vasil Michev 

After opening the Azure Portal  , the Settings icon or Switch directory hyperlink is not working. I have cleared cache. Tried to open in incognitive Window too. 

Looking forward your response.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

From this day on, you can't use the old portal anymore to manage your AAD.

So I just tried some in-private windows again. Without any luck.

Then I pressed the "Restore Default settings" under "Portal Settings". And that seems to have fixed it for me. Now it works again in all the different browsers. Hopefully it keeps working for me as well!

View solution in original post