Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Ping Access for Azure AD is now Generally Available (GA)!

Microsoft

Many of you already use Azure AD Application Proxy to provide single sign-on (SSO) and secure remote access to your users for web applications hosted on-premises. However, some of you also need Azure AD Application Proxy to support on-premises apps that use headers for authentication.

As you may remember from our public preview announcement, we’ve partnered with Ping Identity to make this happen.

Today, I’m happy to announce that PingAccess for Azure AD is now generally available! We’ve worked closely with our customers to validate this solution, which integrates Ping Access with Azure AD Application Proxy.

pingaccess.jpg

Read more about it on the Enterprise Mobility and Security blog.

1 Reply

Hi Mary,

This is really great, i think it will give more freedom to users t connect with applications without VPN.

I need your expertise to answer my few questions:

Background:

I am using OpenIdConnect for authentication and authorization with Azure AD in my application.
The application is deployed on Azure VM accessible through VPN and to make it available for users outside VPN we got suggestion to use Ping Access with Azure AD. I have few queries if we go with ping access:
Questions:
1. When i will hit domain name say abc.com how it will reach to ping access ? Currently on hitting abc.com it resolves to server IP on which application is deployed.
2. I have gone through some articles and concluded that there will be two urls for the application one for users on VPN and other for non VPN users, is that correct ?
3. Do i need to change OpenIdConnect connect code in my application ?

It will be really helpful for me if you or one of your team member can answer my queries. Looking forward for your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Tayyab Suhail