Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Impact on end users of assigning Azure AD P1 license?

Bronze Contributor

Hello. My client has purchased Azure Active Directory Premium P1 licenses for all of their users, but not assigned them yet. Before I assign them, I need to know if end users will notice any changes or if it's just that the admins have better controls to enable?

Any feedback and guidance appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Kelly_Edinger (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
If it's just P1's they shouldn't notice anything at all assuming you don't turn on conditional access policies etc. ahead of time or at same time. But just turning on the license won't do anything.

If you had intune with it thou, and your machines would try to register assuming they were joined to your org and they fell under the auto enrollment umbrella, but other than that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you @Chris Webb for the quick response.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kelly_Edinger (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
If it's just P1's they shouldn't notice anything at all assuming you don't turn on conditional access policies etc. ahead of time or at same time. But just turning on the license won't do anything.

If you had intune with it thou, and your machines would try to register assuming they were joined to your org and they fell under the auto enrollment umbrella, but other than that shouldn't be an issue.

View solution in original post