We're Listening!

Microsoft

Greetings Microsoft Edge Insiders!

Let us start off by saying, welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider community! We’re so excited to have you here, and we can’t wait to start learning from you. If you haven’t read our Welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider community article yet, we recommend starting there. It has a bunch of great information on how we got here and where we’re heading.
listening-graphic1.png
Our mission:
Our mission is to create a thriving community of valuable Insiders, like you, so we can closely listen and learn how Microsoft Edge can be better. We believe that having open, honest, and continued conversations with our Insider community is a great way to build a close relationship with our users.

Why do all of this? Because we want to build a browser that’s deeply grounded in your needs. Your voice is the most important piece of helping us build a better Microsoft Edge. The feedback you provide leads to meaningful conversations that may ultimately produce the new features, bug fixes, and other improvements that matter the most to you. Listening is just the beginning for us. Our true goal is to build Microsoft Edge with the voice of the Insider community as our guiding light.

Community voice

When we announced the next version of Microsoft Edge back in December, we asked a simple question: If you could change one thing about the web, what would it be?
listening-graphic2.png
We were completely humbled by the over 40k comments you’ve shared with us. That’s a whole lot of ideas. Thank you!

You tell us that you love some things about the current Microsoft Edge browser, like the smooth scrolling experience, our Fluent Design and the precision touchpad, and you hope we’ll bring those things forward into the next version too.

Some of you are frustrated with the way that sites render so differently depending on the browser you're using to view them. You also tell us that Web Standards are on the top of your mind. We hear that you want all browsers to adopt the same standards. We hear from some of you web developers that you want new capabilities added to the web platform; whether that be in CSS, HTML or JavaScript. Another top request is an improved dev tools experience.

We hear that you have strong feelings about online advertising. Some of you wish ads that pop-up would just disappear and the same for auto-playing ads. While others feel a strong desire to remove or fundamentally change how online advertising works on the web. There is concern how these advertisements enable sites to track you as you browse which feels "creepy" and "invasive."

The overwhelming majority of comments (we’re talking thousands of messages) that we have read wish for a change in the fundamental attributes of the web. Make it faster, safer, more reliable and more private. You want your browsers to have smaller memory footprints, lower battery consumption, higher rendering speed and better stability. We agree with you wholeheartedly! The attributes that you say matter most in your browsing experience are performance, privacy, and reliability. So that is where we are starting.
listening-graphic3.png
We are focusing on delivering outstanding fundamentals. Speed, stability, accessibility, compatibility, security, and privacy are always top of mind for us. We are using your comments and suggestions to guide us while we are getting the new Microsoft Edge ready for its debut.

What’s next?
In the meantime, jump in, download the Microsoft Edge Insider Channels, and let us know what you think. What’s working well? Where do we need to improve? Over time, we hope to build healthy engagement and feedback loops with our community members.

listening-graphic4.png
We’re also mindful that our users have preferred ways to engage with us. Whether you view the latest information on the Microsoft Edge Insider website, enjoy direct discussions on our forum, need a personal support assistant via help (F1), share your feedback and suggestions via the smiley face, or just want to give us a shout on Twitter, we’re always listening and looking for ways to reach out wherever our users feel most comfortable and prefer to talk to us. We’re all ears!

Thank you for being here. We look forward to listening and engaging with you.

-The Microsoft Edge Team-

1,189 Replies

@Elliot Kirk is there an Offline-Installer available?
How to Install on a Machine not connected to Internet?

Ping: @John Vintzel - why does the Edge-Team provide a proprietary Installer.exe and not a modern MSIX-Package which I would prefer?

Waiting for version for android. <3
When will you return the old Edge PDF reader/editor and Surface Pen support? They were great in the old Edge, and the standard Chromium PDF reader is atrocious

when will the New microsoft edge be available for the regular average joe? Because this new Microsoft edge is alot better than the current one

@Elliot Kirk 

Glad to be on board! Lets build the next great version of Edge!
We are working on it, Today was the first day of our journey. Thank you for your kind words, and please keep updating the build and continue with us as we get closer to our full release.
Elliot

Ok here is a few things that need to happen edge needs to less resource hungry and battery friendly and add ask cortana please.@Elliot Kirk 

@KKKillerBean  You already have android version! Its just like New Edge, built upon Chromium Core retaining functionality and speed.

@Elliot Kirk I can't begin to explain how exited I am about your guys chromium browser. The UI is so much better.

@trparky I do not have this issue.

@Elliot Kirk Thanks for allowing me to enter the Microsoft Edge Insiders community so far Edge works very well I do not have any comments on it but as soon as I have one I will send it.

Thanks,

Ismael Morales 

its working fine on my set up. @trparky 

Let them know the what and why on Linux/Ubuntu support, or was this to something else?
Hello, I would like to Edge capitalize on having a UI that is more customizable to the end user. Let the users have the power to build their own UI or stick with the basic chrome of the browser. I would also like to see more native integration between edge, Office365 Products, and the Various MS API's for enterprise solutions (in the realm of big data).
@Allen95, Thank for these suggestions, I will make sure that they get to the right folks on this side.
Elliot
I'm glad you are excited too. Internet high-five!
Welcome! I am glad that you are here. There is no rush for getting your comments in. Take your time, play with the browser, if there is something that isn't quite right or feels a bit off, let me know. I will be here.
Elliot
Hello,

Please add google.com as 2nd Serch provide
I'm so glad to be here fellow Edge insiders!

Hey
There is something that could be cool but is not such a big change for doing a post por it
What about get the Microsoft logo in inspirational mode? (Or at least an option for custom mode)
I would give some kind of of promotion for Microsoft over those beautiful images (I love that inspirational mode, great job guys!)