Learn more about privacy policy and tracking prevention in Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft

TrackingPrevention.png

This past week we released a blog post on our new Tracking Prevention feature.  It is currently in test, and off by default, but we felt that it was important enough to tell all of you how to enable it, test it and to debug issues with it.  Give this article a read and let us know what you think of our efforts, either using the smiley or in the comments below.

Thank you,

Elliot

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2019/06/27/tracking-prevention-microsoft-edge-preview/#IazrlzDrX...

11 Replies
Only Available in Edge Can......

Dennis5mile
Oh, Cool.... Thanks for the heads up.... :)

Dennis5mile
I actually wanted to make a post thanking y'all for adding it lol. I also wanted to mention that you guys could take it a step further and keep manifest v2 like Brave

Ok, one problem I've run into while having the tracking setting to "Strict"  while on Facebook.   Your own photos/videos get blocked...  

This is a photo from my own albumfacebook photos.jpg

This is how all the photos show up.

I think there has to be a way of being able to see your own photos without having to add FB as a site that is an "Exception".........

justmy20cents

Dennis5mile

@Elliot Kirk 

it's normal strict break some website facebook track you on this page, microsoft block it and the image doesn't appear, it's totally normal
I think you really need to reread my post again... Nowhere did incline that this was not normal. To put it in a simpler way, ... There should be a way to have it not happen without having to add the site as an exception....

Dennis5mile
so you put it in strict mode and then you complain that facebook does not work because of their tracking?
this is not coherent as an idea and above all impossible to do.
However check if this does not come from the bug they suffered yesterday in their api

@Dennis5mile 

Aktuell auch im Edge Dev Version 77.0.211.2.

@Dennis5mile there is a way, add to exception. if you don't like it then switch to balanced mode. they gave you 2 options already but if you choose not to use them then that's all on you.

Hello all. I have removed several replies that led the conversation in an unproductive direction.

Please note our Community Guidelines which indicate to "be positive, kind, and courteous" and "avoid personal remarks, sarcasm and blame." Feel free to provide feedback, but keep it constructive.