Home

When is MS Stream coming out of preview and becoming generally available?

anonymous-user
Regular Contributor

Surprised no one asked and its not mentioned anywhere in the blogs.

5 Replies

GA for Stream is not yet announced. We need to wait for official words from Microsoft.

Hi vishalseth,

Currently there is no information could be shared from my side regarding when Microsoft Stream would be General available.

Please keep focus on the official Microsoft Stream blog:

Microsoft Stream blog

There would be new blog post to announce the General availability.

For the other questions about Microsoft Strean, please take a look at the Stream FAQ:

Microsoft Stream Website FAQ

Regards

I have the same question. We have a large footprint in Office 365 video and we would like to understand the long term roadmap for Stream and Office 365 video. 

Highlighted

Hi @anorthernman does this link help answer initial questions - https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-stream-and-office-365-video/

Could you all please share the questions you would like to get answers for?

For dates, we can't share any dates yet but we are moving closer to being able to share more around what migration would mean and GA of Stream. Please expect some more details in Q1 2017.

I'm new to Microsoft Stream and Microsoft Video. Is there any point in me working through the development of a site in Microsoft Video, given that Stream will be the defacto Microsoft video service somewhere down the line?