The Office Product Name does not follow the active language set

The Office Product Name does not follow the active language set

Upvotes

Upvote

May 10 2018
7 Comments (7 New)
Completed

Hi there,

I was installing all language packs for Office today. For doing that, I used the Office Deployment tool and configuration files.

First, I installed English , German and French at once in a first round. I used the configuration file named lp-base.xml in the zip file attached. After then, I ran the setup again and streamed/installed all other language packs (91 - 3 in total) at once too. For this, I used the configuration file lp-others.xml from the zip file attached here.

The last full language pack installed was Chinese. Now, Office, e.g. Excel, shows the end of its product name (the last word ProPlus in Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus) always in Chinese. In the following 3 sample screenshots for this installation of Office 2016, where I switched its language to German, French and Japanese.

image.png
image.png 

image.png

I would like to suggest to display the product name in the language selected. 

Best,

Mourad

Attachments:

lp.zip
Comments
Microsoft

Hi Mourad - I hope life is good! I am trying to find the owner of the Office Deployment tools internally to pass your feedback on. I will be in touch when I hear back from the correct owner. Thanks for reporting it! Regards, Staff 

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi Stafford,

thanks, as always, for passing the feedback on. Yes, all is very good :)

Best,

Mourad

Copper Contributor
Status changed to: Working on it

Microsoft

Hi @Mourad Louha

I was told by the team involved they fixed this some months back. Let me know if that is not the case and I will follow up with them again. 

Thanks for reporting it!

Staff

Microsoft
Status changed to: Completed

Hi Stafford,

I checked this in the virtual machine involved and it's fixed there. Thanks :)

Best,

Mourad

Copper Contributor

Thank you Mourad for sharing this post..