SOLVED

Service Health Advisories and Incident notification

Iron Contributor

I used to rely on the Office 365 Admin app to provide notifications for any Service Health Advisories or Incidents with the Office 365 services.  It seems the notifications from the app have stopped working and the advisories and incidents are not up to date.  The app hasn't been updated in the App Store for 6 months.

I was wondering what other people are doing to be notified of service issues.  I'm surprised there isn't a simple email notification system built into the Admin Center at this point.  We've been affected by a number of service health issues for Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint over the last few months.  Its been frustrating that the first I know of it is from someone contacting our Helpdesk to report it, then I go into the Admin Center and find there is an active advisory or incident affecting our tenant.

We do have a SCOM environment and I'm looking into setting that up the Office 365 Management Pack for email notifications.

7 Replies
I like this idea and will give it a try. Thanks!
Thanks Joe. If I have answered your question then please feel free to like the response and set it as your solution! Look forward to answering more of your questions in the future!

Best, Chris
Better than building a Flow that uses Twitter, build a Flow that uses the Office 365 Communication API so you can get in real time any incident happening in your tenant

Joe, information on that can be found here

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/get-office365-health-notices-using-microsoft-flow/

@Juan Carlos González Martín- I didn't even know you could do this. Thanks for the tip I appreciate it!

Best, Chris

Anyone able to successfully set this up?

best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Just noticed an email notification option show up in our Targeted Release tenant!  Also see a notice in the Office 365 Roadmap.

Annotation 2019-11-04 091949.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Just noticed an email notification option show up in our Targeted Release tenant!  Also see a notice in the Office 365 Roadmap.

View solution in original post