Assign "Phone Sytem"/MCOEV only to multiple users in O365.

Copper Contributor

Hello, I have many users which have E5 licenses assigned to them, the only service which is turned off in the E5 pack is "Phone System"

I want to enable the "Phone System" for all the users but it doesn't works using the below command set/script, I have tried multiple scripts available on the technet.

Below is the script which I have used to enable the "Phone System"

$UserPrincipalName = 'user@abcxyzx.com'
$UsageLocation = 'US'
Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName -UsageLocation $UsageLocation
Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName -AddLicenses XXXXXXX:ENTERPRISEPREMIUM
$options = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId "XXXXXXX:ENTERPRISEPREMIUM" -DisabledPlans BPOS_S_TODO_3,FORMS_PLAN_E5,STREAM_O365_E5,THREAT_INTELLIGENCE,Deskless,FLOW_O365_P3,POWERAPPS_O365_P3,TEAMS1,ADALLOM_S_O365,EQUIVIO_ANALYTICS,LOCKBOX_ENTERPRISE,EXCHANGE_ANALYTICS,SWAY,ATP_ENTERPRISE,MCOMEETADV,BI_AZURE_P2,INTUNE_O365,PROJECTWORKMANAGEMENT,RMS_S_ENTERPRISE,YAMMER_ENTERPRISE,OFFICESUBSCRIPTION,MCOSTANDARD,EXCHANGE_S_ENTERPRISE,SHAREPOINTENTERPRISE,SHAREPOINTWAC
Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName -LicenseOptions $options

It gives the below error
Set-MsolUserLicense : Unable to assign this license because it is invalid. Use the Get-MsolAccountSku cmdlet to retrieve a list of valid licenses.
At line:4 char:1
+ Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName -AddLicenses sleepingf ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Set-MsolUserLicense], MicrosoftOnlineException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.InvalidUserLicenseException,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.SetUse
rLicense

Set-MsolUserLicense : Unable to assign this license.
At line:6 char:1
+ Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName -LicenseOptions $optio ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Set-MsolUserLicense], MicrosoftOnlineException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.InvalidLicenseConfigurationException,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automati
on.SetUserLicense

##The same works with other Service plans like the Business Premium##

1 Reply

The example you are trying to use DISABLES all the other services. If you simply want to "enable" a particular service that is disabled, while all others are enabled, just use a "blank" $options variable:

$options = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId "XXXXXXX:ENTERPRISEPREMIUM" 

More details and examples in this recent thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/How-to-enable-MT-license-under-E3-enterprise-...