I am new to Access so please bear with me as I might sound redundant at times. I run a daily macro that runs queries to update the tables and then emails out the tables. We have received a computer update from the company and the next day, one file will not export to email. The macro works up until then and I must hit Esc after I send the first email to skip the problematic one or else I get error 3270 (The emails after send fine if i skip over the problematic table). Here is what I know that might be of some use:
1. Nothing has changed in the environment except for the update
2. I can manually export the table to excel and attach/send that file
3. I can not export straight into an email.
4. This table is main source of data and is linked to the other tables
5. The query filling this table is the only query linked to an excel file .(xls updated daily) stored in our share drive. (all queries also pull from our ERP system)
6. The query runs fine without error.
I'm thinking it might be a security thing but I am not sure. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Update: As I am playing around I stumbled upon the solution. (I think) The excel file has been exported to email as .xls just like all the others. I am able to export to excel as .xls and send that file but if I export to email an .xlsx, it works just fine! I hope I am able to help someone and if anyone can help with the "Why" that would be great!