SOLVED

Navigation Pane Size Constraint Glitch

Deleted
Not applicable

Navigation Pane Hidden.pngFor some odd reason, when I drag to re-scale the Navigation Pane in Microsoft Access 2016, the pane becomes minuscule and I am unable to view anything. It makes sense to be able to hide the Navigation Pane by clicking the arrow to hide/show the pane (and this works perfectly fine prior to encountering this glitch), but the arrow to hide/show is no longer visible once the Navigation Pane is scaled down to this size. Usually, when you drag the slider all the way to the left, it automatically hides it, BUT if you drag it all the way to the left, but then move it slightly to the right, it will "glitch out" and you are left with a show-only version of the Navigation Pane that is unreadable, unscalable, and unhideable. The scaling arrows disappear/no longer exist, and the show/hide arrows are gone as well. It is still possible to open tables, queries, and other database essentials using the navigation pane, but it is impossible to read the names unless scrolling through (which is hard to do in itself). Please fix this bug, or add a way to reset the size and layout of the Navigation Pane. I've included the image at the top to show you how small the pane is, and the unavailability of the expected features.

Thank you,

-Zach

6 Replies
best response
Solution

Just came across this myself, you can correct it by using F11 to minimise the nav panel and the drag it out manually again.

Hope this works for you,

Kevin 

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! Thank you for the temporary fix!

In a related Nav Pane issue, could we fix the bug where the Nav Pane pops open and becomes visible (when you link a table) if you have used VBA code to completely hide (not close) the Nav Pane? Once you hide the Nav Pane, it should remain hidden until you command it to become visible again.

I urge everyone with a Feature request, or a request for a CHANGE in Access behavior, or a request for a BUG FIX go to the Access User Voice and submit it there.

The Access Team follows those requests and regularly evaluates them for inclusion in their work schedule. Those that warrant the allocation of resources ARE taken on by the team. It's a much more direct way of getting these problems in front of the people who can deal with them.

Thanks.

@George Hepworth, is it really sensible to submit bug reports via user voice? Won't that swamp the feature requests that I though user voice was meant for?

Any other suggestions for reporting bugs?

In the past, when I was sure some behaviour was a bug, I opened a support case with Microsoft to submit that directly. - That worked! But it became increasingly tedious to get to someone competent enough to confirm the behaviour was a bug and not just a "user error". So, I didn't do that for quite a while.

Take your pick. Putting a bug report here is unlikely to be very effective, right?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Just came across this myself, you can correct it by using F11 to minimise the nav panel and the drag it out manually again.

Hope this works for you,

Kevin 

View solution in original post