Hit a wall - multi table form not working

Copper Contributor
I am making a database to digitize our HR, Personnel, and Training files. I have made all of my tables and all of my data input forms.

Then I tried to make an Employee Record form that has multiple tabs. Each tab has the “sub form” of a form for that particular data. For example the first tab is Status and uses the employee status form as the sub form on the tab. This should show name hire date termination date etc. another tab is training completions and so on and so forth.

The best I got out of this is the first tab showing the information of the last person entered (2 entered for testing) but the other tabs show blank information or oddly the same thing you see on the first tab.

I just want a simple way for the end user (supervisors) to enter an employee’s name and be able to see all the information on that one person (all data associated with the name in all the tables). This way they can check training information, attendance issues, discipline, etc.

Please help I have been banging my head on this for days and it’s the last piece I need before loading the information and rolling it out.
1 Reply

@Wfoley82 Make sure you link the subform to the data on the main form.  There are "Link Master Fields" and "Link Child Fields" properties that you need to set.