SOLVED

Excel file does not open from any other location except recent Workbooks

Copper Contributor

Since transferring my Office Home & Student 2013 to a new laptop, the excel file when clicked to open, does not open. Instead only Excel program opens. Then I have go through File -> Open , then either Recent Workbook or Computer -> Documents.

Kindly help.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by George Hepworth (Silver Contributor)
Solution
This is a group for answering Microsoft Access (the database) questions. It would seem this question should be in the Excel group or Office group. But maybe someone here has experienced this and has a fix. But I would suggest posting to the correct place.

My office 2013 Excel does the same. all other applications works fine but in Excel I first have to open Excel Shell and then the file I want to work on. This is not a Office group problem at explained earlier. There is no settings in Excel options to connect this. I have tried to repair MS Office but result is still the same.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by George Hepworth (Silver Contributor)
Solution
This is a group for answering Microsoft Access (the database) questions. It would seem this question should be in the Excel group or Office group. But maybe someone here has experienced this and has a fix. But I would suggest posting to the correct place.

View solution in original post