Home

Can you export an Access Web App to SharePoint multiple times?

Highlighted
Peter Mcdermott
Contributor

Can you export an Access Web App to SharePoint multiple times?

I have a current Access Web App that I'm working to recreate in either Access desktop (with the file saved on SharePoint) or in PowerApps. I'm still not sure what is the best solution. However, I would like test the eexport feature of AWA. My question is, if I export my data to SharePoint lists today for testing, will I be able to export them again when I am ready to do the switch, or is this a one-time operation?

• Access
  • Access Web App
  • SharePoint
1 Reply

Re: Can you export an Access Web App to SharePoint multiple times?

I have the same question and am somewhat surprised to see that a presumably simple yes or no question is yet to be answered by a Microsoft rep..?

Despite having observed a great deal of negative feedback to Microsoft's announcement about retiring Access Web Apps, I try to keep an open mind and read up on the capabilities of PowerApps which is suggested by Microsoft as replacement for AWA.

However, it would be nice to know how to go at it for real, i.e. make an app with PowerApps that connects to (a copy of) our existing data.

So what happens if I export all my database tables to a SharePoint list?  Will the SP lists just be "dead" copies of the AWA data at the point of exporting? 

Can I export the data to SP lists now, build myself an App for testing and then later, when the app is ready to be rolled out to my users, export the AWA data again, i.e. either over-writing the old SP lists or simply de-connecting the app from the old data and reconnect to the new and up-to-date data? 

Thanks

Related Conversations