Access error when database stored on network

Copper Contributor

Hi All, I tried the latest workaround for this error message (see below) related to access files stored on networks and used by multiple users, but it did not fix the problem. I continue to get the error message. Do I need to run the command on every PC that has used it? Are there any updates for solving this problem? It is a major issue for my company as we use Access in this manner all the time. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/access-reports-that-databases-are-in-an-inconsistent-state-...

4 Replies

@LauraGPA 

Although not a fix for your particular issue you may wish to consider upgrading your Access data to SQL Server or SQL Server Express, which is free. As a general rule we recommend any client with 3 or more users to upgrade, allowing you to leverage the best of SQL Server and Access together. 

For more information on upgrading just your data to SQL Server, check out:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/migrate-an-access-database-to-sql-server-7bac0438-498a-4f53...

Please note: Just upgrading to SQL Server may not be enough, you may need to create views and stored procedures in order to get the performance you need, but it will be worth it in the end, since SQL Server is much more stable and has many other benefits over Access.

Did you ever have any luck with a work around? I have the same issue and disabling leasing or using SQL are not an option
To do this:

Click Windows Start Press the Windows key and then type Command. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the following commands into the command prompt window:

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters /v DisableLeasing /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

NET STOP SERVER

NET START SERVER

Close the command prompt window.
But - I am using a split database scenario and my back end databases (the ones getting corrupt) are on a NAS server.

Would I need to do this on every windows desktop that connects to the back end?