Home

Access dropping connection

frazamatazzle
Visitor

Ever since Friday 1/11/19, we have been experiencing an issue wherein Access (2010, 2013, 2016, 365) on a share crashes periodically.  By crashing I mean that the tables and queries pane on the left goes blank, however any open linked sql table can continue to be refreshed.

I suspect that the issue is related to Windows updates which I applied to our servers on 1/20 and which are auto-pushed to clients via WSUS, but I am just curious if anyone else is reporting a similar issue.

For reference, all the client PCs involved are Windows 10 (mostly build 1803 I believe). The servers involved are 2012 Server and 2016 Server. All the shares are communicating at SMB level 3.0 or 3.1. I saw there were some SMB issues reported in the latest Windows updates, but they seemed to be SMB 1.0 and 2.0 issues.

I am just trying to see if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hopefully you have already found the answer to this issue elsewhere, but if not, this was a known problem that many people with earlier release cycles started facing after a May Windows update to Windows 1803. In particular, this update KB 4100403 does have a network-related issue, and the workaround suggested for that is to ensure that SMBv2 or SMBv3 is enabled on both client and server as described here KB2696547

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on